April 13, 2017
April 13, 2017
Commissioners Doug Tucker, John Grewell, and Bill Bullock, and Administrative Assistant Angela Newell were present.
8:30 Pledge of Allegiance
Commissioner Grewell moved approval of Justice Court End of Period Disbursement report for March 2017; Commissioner Bullock seconded; motion carried.
8:45 Carl Devries met with Commissioners regarding cattle guard. He would like to replace the existing cattle guard until he has a chance to replace fencing then it can be removed.
9:00 Architect Susan Hovde, Josh McQuillan, County Attorney Alex Nixon Civil Deputy Jacque Papez, and Deputy County Attorney Shannon Foley met with Commissioners to discuss the jail remodel project. The jail cells that need to be removed are structural and have lead paint which will require additional supports to be put in place to they can be removed and the lead paint abated. To avoid the expense and complication, an alternative would be to do a straight forward addition. Look at focusing on sally port and leave dispatch where is and move deputies to dui room.
Attorneys discussed the possibility of the Commissioners creating a special road improvement district for East Rosebud Road. The Attorneys believe the creation of the district should be left to the landowners as statues are not clear on commissioner initiated special improvement districts.
10:00 Treasurer Jane Swanson Webb met with Commissioners for the quarterly collateral report. Jane reported $14,275,212.33 total cash as of March 31, 2017. Commissioner Bullock moved to accept quarterly collateral report; Commissioner Grewell seconded; motion carried.
10:30 Brian Ostwald and Jeff Schmalz were present for the surplus property sale bid opening. Bids were received as follows:
- 1999 GMC Sierra: Tim Blair $500; Ricky Grewell $2,200; Jeremy Sweeney $255; Quentin Thompson $1,750; Brian Ostwald $1,400.
- 2009 Chevy ½ ton Pickup: Matt Lammiman $1,043.42; Ricky Grewell $3,000; Quentin Thompson $1,500; Jeremy Sweeney $255
- 1973 Chevy C65 Dump Truck: Jeremy Neibauer $2,300; Jeremy Sweeney $525.50; John Grewell $1,227; Jeff Schmalz $3011;
- 1956 Tampo Model SP9 Pneumatic Roller: Ricky Grewell $75
- 1986 GMC plow/sander: Jeff Schmalz $4,076; Zach Grewell $1,000; Mark Stovall $850.
- 2008 Ford Crown Victoria: Matt Lammamin $100; Ricky Grewell $800; Quentin Thompson $150; Jeremy Sweeney $52
- 1981 Belly Dump: Ricky Grewell $3,000; Doug Schwend $1,801; Justin Ostwald $2,000; Greg Spencer $1,505
- 1975 Load King Lowboy: Ricky Grewell $500; Mark Richards $1,025
- Snow Wing: Ricky Grewell $45; Jeff Schmalz $40
- 1987 Kenworth T-800: Rick Kraft $6,000; Ricky Grewell $6,150; Doug Schwend $7,507
- 1973 Ford Pickup: Quentin Thompson $810; Mark Richards $525; Ricky Grewell $500; Jeremy Sweeney $53
Commissioner Bullock moved to accept high bids and release equipment to highest bidders; Commissioner Grewell recused himself; Commissioner Tucker seconded; motion carried.
Respectfully submitted: Angela Newell, Administrative Assistant